Friday, April 17, 2020

Bringing it down...to peace

Dear Friday Friends,
I have been thinking a lot about mindfulness. Meditation. Gratitude. Nature. Peace. These days are often heavy...working from home, supporting kids through virtual learning, not seeing friends & family, trouble getting groceries, the flu, car troubles, exhaustion & fatigue, health worries, lots of unknowns, financial concerns, global pandemic, ...you name it!  One of the greatest gifts helping me through this, allowing me to reconnect with myself and a sense of calm, is mindfulness. Being present in just this one moment without entertaining a slew of "what ifs".  Actually, I recently posted:
I have been trying to practice meditations daily too. Some days I've even meditated more than once. It is very calming and again, has you focusing on this very moment - the breath - the place where peace can be found. 

Meditating, walking in nature, singing, dancing, practicing gratitude, taking a bath or shower, baking or cooking, planting...these activities all keep us in the present moment.  HAVE THESE KINDS OF MOMENTS!

Do you practice gratitude? Do you write it down? Share aloud?
Do you exercise? From inside your home or in the neighborhood? 
Are you getting fresh air every day?
Are you feeding your body healthy foods?
Are you listening to your body?
Are you sleeping enough? 
Drinking water?
Hugging?


I have found all of these things to be helpful; and encourage you to explore these moments. I am here if you need any support or encouragement for adopting healthy habits.  Feel free to send me an email!

Meanwhile, I love social-emotional growth and insight. I love listening, supporting, growing, sharing, learning. I found these upcoming Free events that may interested you. I've signed up!  Love to have you join me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Challenged by nonstop parenting?
Another FREE resource!
The Parenting with Love and Logic course, which comes highly recommended, has been made free for the month of April.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds like a lovely social-emotional wellness opportunity for parents while perhaps learning some things to share with our kids. And, it's FREE!
Spiritual Survival Guide

By joining us in this 7-day journey, you will learn how to:
  • Cope with sadness, fear, and anxiety 
  • Stay centered, grounded, and calm
  • Support your immunity with chemistry-altering breathwork
  • Relax deeply and tap into your body’s innate ability to heal
  • Build strength and flexibility with at-home movement
  • Eat mindfully and joyfully
  • Tap into daily gratitude
  • Identify and address unhealthy patterns
  • Anchor each day with powerful affirmations

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace & Love,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment