Wednesday, June 12, 2024

It's been a time

 It's been a time.

Has the time been a year? Longer? How far back do we go?

It's been a year. 

One year ago, I left the community I had been a part of for 18 years - a school where my three children attended and grew. A community rich with friendship and experiences. 

One year ago, my first child graduated high school and we prepared for him to go to college.

One year ago, I was caring for my dear friend who was dying of brain cancer. I was caretaking every Friday and bringing lunch - often burrito bowls - and wheeling her around. I was visiting at night if her family was out. I was loving on her deeply as I walked her home.

One year ago, I accepted the job of Supervisor of Health & Wellness at Nowell Academy - a huge change in many ways.

One year ago, I started my TESOL program at Roger Williams University to support MLL students at Nowell. 

One year ago I was filled with excitement, curiosity, and anxiety.  I was equally preparing for loss and growth.

It's been a year.


No comments:

Post a Comment